The owner of this site is an ex Commando – Its not the Commando’s that are killing the children, its the left wing looneys like McDade. There is no way these clowns will ever control Commandos. We cannot be controlled.
If you are looking for the petition support of my 3 modern day Commando colleagues to sign its here.
The petition is no longer active.
This woman represents a terror worse than any Taliban soldier.
This is official and from the idiots who appointed this moron Lyn Mcdade.
Minister Assisting the Minister for Defence Bruce Billson today announced two important military justice appointments that will further enhance the impartiality and fairness of the Australian military justice system.
In response to the Senate Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade References Committee ‘Report on The Effectiveness of Australia’s Military Justice System’, the Australian Government agreed to establish a statutorily independent Director of Military Prosecutions (DMP) at brigadier rank.
“The statutory appointment of the DMP is a significant change which concentrates the prosecution powers once vested in 33 command-based convening authorities into a single independent authority,” Mr Billson said.
This is the biggest load of crap possible – there was a concerted effort to destroy the Military Court System which did happen. Guess what this is all about? Its an attempt to politically control the military. Get at the Commandos, the rest will follow.
“This appointment will enhance the rigour, fairness and timeliness of military justice by removing perceptions of command influence. It will also promote confidence among Australian Defence Force personnel regarding the independence and impartiality of the appointee and the functions of the Office.”
Where do these people get their brains from? Promote confidence? Crap – it has totally destroyed it. The web has gone into overload with the attack on her and the military as it appears has a problem now geting the troops to settle over this one. I am surprised this Mcdade is still alive.
Elite Australian soldiers charged over a firefight in Afghanistan that left five children dead have vowed to clear their names.
The three men were involved in a February 12, 2009 night-time raid that left five children dead, another two injured and two adults wounded.
One suspected insurgent was killed.
Military prosecutor Lyn McDade said her lengthy investigations had led to the charges – the first of their kind in Defence’s history.
One soldier has been charged with manslaughter and the other two face lesser charges including a failure to follow orders and dangerous conduct.
A round up of web comments…
A VITRIOLIC campaign has been launched against one of the Australian Army’s most senior female officers in an attempt to overturn her decision to prosecute three commandos involved in a deadly raid in Afghanistan.
Soldiers, veterans’ associations and conservative lawyers have joined the attack on the army’s chief prosecutor, Brigadier Lyn McDade. She has been labelled a ”bitch”, a ”dumb arse” and a ”f—ing disgrace” on internet forums including the army’s Facebook page.
More than 14,000 people have signed an online petition asking Governor-General Quentin Bryce to help dismiss the charges. More than 1000 signatures have been added each day this week, including those of serving members of the Australian Defence Force.
Quentin Bryce is another total bloody idiot appointed for political correctness rather than capability. Has shown herself to be a total left wing looney as well.
The petition slams the unprecedented decision last week by Brigadier McDade to charge an officer and two commandos with serious offences, including manslaughter, over a 2009 raid in Afghanistan’s Oruzgan province. Six Afghans were killed; five were children.
The petition claims the case will ”paralyse troops in the field” and that the soldiers were ”carrying out their duties and … legitimate orders”.
It is understood no Australian soldier has ever been charged with such offences against civilians in battle.
Melbourne University law professor Tim McCormack last night said the petition and the abusive online campaign were an improper intervention in the legal process and could prejudice the trial of the commandos.
”This attempt to influence the independence of the prosecutor is an interference in a fundamental aspect of the military justice system, and perhaps raises issues of contempt,” Professor McCormack says.
The abuse of Brigadier McDade – whose post of Director of Military Prosecutions is relatively new in the military legal system, created in 2006 – appears to have been sharpened by the fact that she is a woman and that she has not risen through the regular ranks.
On one military online forum she is described as a ”coward” who has ”gone mad” with power. The army’s Facebook page contains references to ”load of shit lawyers” and ”gutless cowardly politicians”.
On a commando veterans’ website, one writer wrongly accuses the brigadier of losing a military laptop containing classified information, another says ”in my experience bellicose 50-year-old females make excellent parking inspectors”. Another says that ”should another soldier die … [McDade] will have put the round in the chamber”.
Senior officers are watching the case closely and many have told The Age they are deeply concerned about the prosecution. While many support the petition, some are worried by the aggressive tone of the commentary. Lawyers preparing for the courts martial are aware of the abusive comments.
Brigadier McDade has previously declined to speak to The Age about the case, and in a recent news release said she would not comment in the media.
The Queensland president of the 4th Royal Australia Regiment (4RAR) Association, Alan Price, says the prosecution is mostly a ”public relations exercise to satisfy [the] ego” of Brigadier McDade and will give ”the Taliban another weapon to fight our soldiers with”.
Another high-profile critic is David Flint, the former law professor and former head of Australians for a Constitutional Monarchy. In an online article for the conservative magazine, Quadrant, he says a military prosecutor should not have sole authority to launch prosecutions and that Parliament should abolish her office.
One of Brigadier McDade’s former legal colleagues from the Northern Territory, barrister Mark Johnson, says she would be unconcerned by the abuse. ”I’m sure it would affect her … but I think if there is anyone who is going to hold the line because of what she believes is the right thing to do, then Lyn is that person.”
Defence is still finalising a location for the courts martial, which could begin in November. A panel of soldiers will sit on the court martial panel, acting as a military jury. Some legal experts say public criticism and extensive pleas of the commandos’ innocence could influence the soldiers who will have to decide whether to convict or not.
Professor McCormack also says it is highly unlikely the Governor-General could intervene, given the independent position of the office of the Director of Military Prosecutions.
Brigadier McDade has two sons in the ADF. She has more than 25 years’ experience as a military lawyer and has also worked as a barrister, deputy coroner and civilian prosecutor.